Treehouse Nature Study: Spring (Small Group License)
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
If you intend to use this curriculum with a small group, you will need to purchase a Small Group License. You may select a group size from the drop-down menu below. This listing is for the small group license. If you wish to purchase an individual copy of the curriculum, visit this page.
A Charlotte Mason and Waldorf-Inspired Seasonal Nature Study for the Whole Family
“We are all meant to be naturalists, each in his own degree, and it is inexcusable to live in a world so full of the marvels of plant and animal life and to care for none of these things.” - Charlotte Mason
Treehouse Nature Study is a seasonal nature study curriculum designed with family-style learning in mind. It is a gentle guide meant to invite various ages to connect with each other and the world around them through living books, nature notebooking, hands-on projects, and beauty subjects such as poetry, picture study, and folk songs.
From preschool through upper middle school, it appeals to every age and is easily used with multiple ages at the same time. It would be a great fit for your preschool or kindergartener’s core curriculum or your whole family’s home education Morning Time and Nature Study. It also provides supplemental work for your children’s language arts through poetry memorization, recitation, copywork, and notebooking.
Each week of this 13-week guide is focused on a Spring nature theme.
The Spring themes are:
- Seeds and Sprouts
- Spring Equinox
- Snails and Worms
- Caterpillars, Moths, and Butterflies
- Edible Gardening
- Clouds and Rain
- Spring Flowers
- Pond Life
Each week of this 13-week guide includes the following themed material:
- Lesson plan overviews with detailed material and book lists
- Lesson plan grids with daily lesson instructions including: Folk Songs, Hand Rhymes, Poetry, Picture Study, Nature Study Book Basket, Nature Connection Activities
- Folk song lyric sheets with coordinating Spotify links
- Hand rhyme lyric and hand motion sheets with coordinating YouTube videos
- Poetry display sheets with coordinating copywork sheets
- Full color, high-resolution picture study display sheets
- Extensive booklists including fiction picture books, non-fiction picture books, and relevant reference pages from The Handbook of Nature Study by Anna Botsford Comstock and the books in The Julia Rothman Collection
- Full-color, high-resolution educational display sheets using vintage illustrations (nature anatomy and life cycle posters, 3-part cards, charts, and more)
- Nature connection instructions (recipes, scavenger hunts, investigation worksheets, handcrafts, experiments, and more)
This curriculum also includes:
- 37-page Teacher Guide with daily lesson plans
- 2022 Curriculum Calendar to follow along with holidays and others using the curriculum
- Detailed introduction including tips on how to tailor the guide to different ages
- Printing and organizing instructions and tips
- Picture Study Guide with starter questions
- Nature Study Notebook Guide
- Master Book List with over 150 fiction, non-fiction, and reference books
- Artist and Poet Study reference materials
Digital Download Details:
This file is a digital download and will be sent to the email address you use to checkout. The curriculum is a compressed .zip file that contains folders with the Teacher Guide, Student Sheets organized by week, and Reference Materials. For best quality print results, I recommend you print using Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free application.
Digital Download Details
This file is a digital download and will be delivered electronically to the email address you use to check out. For best results, we recommend you print using Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free application.
Due to the nature of digital downloads, we cannot offer refunds on any digital products. All digital download sales are final.
Our Core Values
Our resources are designed with family-style learning in mind, so they can be used across multiple ages.
Open and Go
We design our curriculum to be easy to follow with minimal prep needed.
High Quality Materials
Our products are not only practical but beautiful. We use high quality illustrations and offer professional printing and binding.
Educating the Whole Child
Our products educate more than a child's mind through music, poetry, art, nature, and rich literature.