FREE Caterpillars, Moths, and Butterflies Week - Treehouse Nature Study: Spring (Digital Download)
Are you interested in using Treehouse Nature Study: Spring with your family, but you're not sure if you're ready to commit? Download this FREE copy of Week Five: Caterpillars, Moths, and Butterflies to take a peek inside the curriculum and see if Treehouse Nature Study is a good fit for your family, co-op, or small group.
A Charlotte Mason and Waldorf-Inspired Seasonal Nature Study for the Whole Family
“We are all meant to be naturalists, each in his own degree, and it is inexcusable to live in a world so full of the marvels of plant and animal life and to care for none of these things.” - Charlotte Mason
Treehouse Nature Study is a seasonal nature study curriculum designed with family-style learning in mind. It is a gentle guide meant to invite various ages to connect with each other and the world around them through living books, nature notebooking, hands-on projects, and beauty subjects such as poetry, picture study, and folk songs.
From preschool through upper middle school, it appeals to every age and is easily used with multiple ages at the same time. It would be a great fit for your preschool or kindergartener’s core curriculum or your whole family’s home education Morning Time and Nature Study. It also provides supplemental work for your children’s language arts through poetry memorization, recitation, copywork, and notebooking.
Each week of Treehouse Nature Study focuses on an Autumn theme. This free download comes from Week Two: Birds of Prey. Included in the download is:
- Lesson plan overview with detailed material and book list
- Lesson plan grid with daily lesson instructions
- Folk song lyric sheets with coordinating Spotify link
- Hand rhyme lyric and hand motion sheet with coordinating YouTube video
- Poetry display sheet with coordinating copywork
- Full color, high-resolution picture study display sheets
- Extensive booklists including fiction picture books, non-fiction picture books, and relevant reference pages from The Handbook of Nature Study by Anna Botsford Comstock and the books in The Julia Rothman Collection
- Life Cycle of a Moth Display Sheet
- Life Cycle of a Butterfly Display Sheet
- Moth and Butterfly Venn Diagram
- Butterfly Nectar and Feeder Instructions Sheet
This free download also includes:
- 2022 Curriculum Calendar to follow along with holidays and others using the curriculum
- Detailed introduction section including tips on how to tailor the guide to different ages
- Printing and organizing instructions and tips
- Picture Study Guide with starter questions
- Nature Study Notebook Guide